Macpherson & Associates Inc. is licensed by Industry Canada, Superintendent of Bankruptcy to provide insolvency services in Ontario. We are regulated by the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and under the provisions of the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act and the Ontario Superior Court. Our services include:
- Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Private and Court-Appointed Receiverships
- Division I Proposals under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (“BIA”)
- Division II Proposals under the BIA (Consumer Proposals)
- Summary Administration Bankruptcies
- Construction Lien Trustee appointments under the Construction Lien Act
- “Look see” assignments for secured creditors,
- Cash flow and business viability assessments for both debtor and creditor groups, and
- Review and negotiations with Provincial and Federal Government taxation authorities.
Prior to forming Macpherson & Associates Inc., Jim’s career spanned a number of international accounting firms in Australia, the Middle East, England and Canada. Gaining membership to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in 1986, Jim commenced his career in insolvency in 1990 and has gained experience in corporate reorganizations, business investigations, receivership assignments, bankruptcy matters and liquidations.
Immigrating to Canada in 1993, he has 18 years of local insolvency experience gained through employment with a range of small and medium sized Canadian firms.
Educational background and professional memberships include:
- Bachelor of Commerce from Deakin University, Victoria, Australia,
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia,
- Licensed Trustee in Bankruptcy,
- Chartered Director
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals,
- Ontario Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals,
- Institute of Corporate Directors,
- Turnaround Management Association, and
- Association for Corporate Growth
He is currently a Director of Veridian Corporation, the local Durham region hydro distribution company and Chair the Audit and Risk Management Committee as well as several small public companies. He is a former director of Tarion Warranty Corporation (formerly the Ontario New Home Warranty Corporation).
- Signed Approval_and_Vesting_Order_re__Workingman_Capital_Corp__Asset_Purchase_Agreement
- Signed Ancillary Order
- Signed Approval and Vesting Order re Waltco Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- RLP Order Appointing Receiver dd Jan 31-20
- Order Appointing Receiver – Jan 31-20
Claims bar process
- RLP The_Globe_and_Mail_(2020-09-10)_page24
- RLP The_Globe_and_Mail_(2020-09-10)_page24-1
- RLP – POC Form 31
- CMS – POC Form 31
- 1156275 Ontario Inc – POC Form 31
- 996529 Ontario Inc – POC Form 31
- 749496 Ontario Inc – POC Form 31
- 691795 Ontario Inc – POC Form 31
Macpherson & Associates Inc.
150 Ferrand Drive, Suite 900, Toronto, ON M3C 3E5
Macpherson & Associates Inc. is centrally located at Eglinton Ave. East & the DVP, in Toronto, Canada.
We would be more than happy to meet with you, on a complimentary basis, for an initial discussion around your business and its strategic needs.